This new position represents an exciting opportunity to assume an important commercial and technical role in a growing team and company.
The candidate will drive commercial activities. Provide technical overnight for the Sustainable Finance Solutions (“SFS”) team in Hong Kong. Be instrumental in growing our business there plus working with other colleagues to execute our Greater China and APAC strategy.
The SFS Team operates as a separate, independent team within Sustainalytics. Overseeing a suite of products and services specifically designed to help banks, underwriters, corporate issuers, government entities, and other debt issuers. Issuers and lenders rely on Sustainalytics’ award-winning Green and Social Bond Services to help them develop frameworks aligned with the respective Principles and to gain insight on market best practices and investor expectations.
Whether through green or social bond issuances, ESG-linked loans or ESG benchmarking. Our globally placed sustainable finance team is committed to achieve sustainable objectives. Our dedicated Sustainable Finance Solutions team has provided expert opinions on more than 500 green social and sustainable bond frameworks from a diverse set of industries, helping hundreds of issuers and lenders to bring their bonds to market, and expedite the bond issuance process. More can be found on this specifics teams focus and activities on https://www.sustainalytics.com/sustainable-finance.
Sustainalytics’ overall mission is to remain the leading provider of sustainability and sustainable finance solutions for the finance industry. We are seeking to grow our commercial presence and technical capability in the region.
The core responsibility of the role is to engage with potential customers and their intermediaries to integrate sustainable finance solutions into their product offering.
The other key components is to provide input and oversight to the technical element of the sales and sales qualification process. As the market is becoming increasingly complex and sophisticated good technical over-sight, input and ability to work through complex scenarios will be important.
The candidate will be responsible for managing and expanding our relationships with leading global underwriters, lenders and corporates, turning qualified opportunities into sales. Another key aspect of the role is providing key technical insight to banking and corporates related to their sustainable finance initiatives and ambitions.
As the key face of Sustainalytics in the HK Sustainable Finance and Corporate ESG solutions market, the candidate will need to quickly assume external profile through speaking opportunities, networking and engagement in market development, plus also develop and enhance or technical capabilities in the region.
· Contributing to and implementing the SFS business development strategy with responsibility for HK and parts of Grater China and expand the HK business with our increasing range of SFS products;
· Act as a trusted advisor to underwriters and lenders on how to integrate sustainable finance solutions into their product offering;
· Oversee technical sales qualifications for our work for HK and support the region
· Grow and maintain a robust sales pipeline both by self and through performance management of sales staff when hired in the future;
· Respond and organize responses to requests for proposals;
· Stay on top of market developments, identify and share product innovation opportunities and provide technical views to banks and coprorates
· Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and networking groups;
· Provide back-up for staff to assure client coverage across APAC;
· Build, maintain and extend professional networks;
· Further develop ESG and Sustainable Finance industry knowledge and deepen the technical knowledge of the team and region related to our work; and
· Manage staff appointed to your team (now and in the future).
The ideal candidate needs to be a genuine team player who can reach objectives individually, as well as through close collaboration and coordination with other team members, based on Sustainalytics’ relationship-focused consultative sales philosophy. The candidate should have the following qualifications:
· Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values;
· Strong Sales or client facing experience
· Strong technical understanding on sustainability issues, and technical aspects of Sustainable Finance
· English fluency required (Cantonese and Mandarin also required);
· Previous success in new business development and prospecting;
· Demonstrated interest in Sustainability, ESG and sustainable finance;
· Experience in the finance sector required, understanding of debt capital markets and, or corporate finance highly desirable, plus any exposure to technical consulting or work related to this area would be highly valued);
· 15+ years related work experience; with some level of management and technical experience;
· Commercial mindset, innovative and entrepreneurial;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills and ability to quickly assimilate and explain technical concepts;
· Ability to travel occasionally to Sustainalytics offices and financial centres required; and
· A related degree (finance, business desired).
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years’ experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information through our corporate website to be considered for a job at Morningstar. No phone calls, please.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you're a good fit for Morningstar and we're a good fit for you, we'll schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact you with the results of your interview—either with a job offer or to let you know our plans for the position.