To meet the increasing demand for communication about our landscapes towards donors and financial institutions, IDH is looking for a full-time International Communication Manager to strengthen its Utrecht based communication team.
IDH is looking for an experienced, energetic hands on communication manager that can translate landscape program strategies into communication tactics and actions. You have experience with challenging multi-stakeholder communication in a non-western context. You have a strong drive to put tactics into practice on all possible levels, including swift production of communication materials. You bring in 3-5 years of working experience in communication and an eagerness to learn fast and step out of your professional comfort zone. You are an excellent content and process manager and can tailor communication to different audiences, balance interests of different stakeholders such as donors, financial institutions, companies, governments, and civil society organizations. You are a quick hands on fixer, but also a sounding board for landscape managers on communication tactics. In addition to the above your function may include:
1. Conduct stakeholder mapping and design communication strategies to influence key global and local stakeholders to strengthen the impact of IDH’s landscape approaches and IDH’s position at the funding market as a consequence;
2. Implement these strategies through:
- developing communication tools
- producing content for different online and traditional media
- managing relevant service providers
- supporting communication managers in our local hubs
- build and maintain an excellent network of contacts with (international) media and trade media journalists.
- At least 3-5 year work experience in a communication role, preferably in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience with international communication, preferably with internationally operating companies in IDH supply chains or finance
- A degree in communications, or other related field
- New media/web design/CMS experience
- Strong grounding in communications tactics
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Ability to translate communication tactics into tangible action
- Ability to work under high pressure, and act swift
- Willing to learn fast and change tactics in an ever-evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written (near) native communication skills in English is a must, mastering other landscape languages (French, Portuguese, Bahasa, Amalek) is a pro
- Proactive, hands on, entrepreneurial
Success factors for the job
- Produces materials according to plan and deadlines
- Prioritizes and resolves web care challenges
- Demands continuous improvement from self and others by setting clearly defined objectives
- Proactively takes up communication challenges
You will be part of an enthusiastic, highly professional communication team of five. You will report to the Head of Communication. IDH offers a challenging position in which you can grow and contribute to global change. We offer a market conform salary, depending on seniority and working experience, and solid fringe benefits, including pension. The position is for 32-40 hours per week.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information on this position, please contact Daan de Wit, Head of Communication, at +31 6 15283774. Please send your CV and cover letter (in English) before November 10, 2017 to Annemarie Woudstra, HR Officer, at email@example.com, mentioning the name of the function in the subject line.
We will process the applications on a rolling basis and could find a suitable candidate earlier.
About The Sustainable Trade Initiative
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender.
IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish, Norwegian) and we work together with over 500 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors and 11 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 120 staff members and consultants at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands and several overseas offices and hubs in Asia and Africa. Effective internal and external communication is key to the success and scaling of our work.