Transparentem is a discreet, non-profit unit that adopts frontline investigative reporting and forensic methods to illuminate supply chains and spur eradication of human and environmental abuses. We are a public service initiative that believes securing and improving the lives and environments of workers at all tiers of off-shored industry must start with independent, methodical inquiry.
We are seeking a Stakeholder Relations Manager to join our externally-facing stakeholder relations team. The team develops engagement strategy with brands and retailers and shapes Transparentem’s disclosure strategy for each investigation. This includes communicating with relevant stakeholders such as investors and board members of brands and retailers, NGOs, regulators, and advocacy organizations, as well as select journalists. The team develops the remediation recommendations for each report and performs due diligence for each investigation by conducting secondary research and consulting labor and environmental experts and government agencies. In addition, the stakeholder relations team serves as an in-house apparel, accessories, and footwear industry expert to the rest of the organization.
Transparentem does not publish the products of its investigations. Instead, we deliver our reports strategically to selected entities best positioned to leverage their influence to positively impact vulnerable populations and remediate degraded environments. We are currently focused on the apparel, accessories, and footwear industries.
- Develop company engagement and broader disclosure and communications strategy alongside the Director of Stakeholder Relations, and shape interactions with brands, retailers, importers, investors, regulators, journalists, and advocacy organizations;
- Coordinate and conduct Transparentem’s company and industry sub-sector research and work alongside the investigative team to inform the reports that will be shared with brands and retailers;
- Identify and benchmark best corporate practices for remediation for specific human rights and environmental abuses to inform plans of action for brands and retailers;
- Keep abreast of relevant industry research, trends, and news; and
- Manage department communications, logistics, financial reporting, and other administration alongside the Stakeholder Relations Analyst.
The role reports to the Director of Stakeholder Relations.
What We’re Looking For:
This is a challenging role that requires total discretion, as well as strong research, analytical, and organizational skills.
We are looking for individuals with:
- 3-5 years of experience with sourcing or compliance teams in the apparel, footwear, toy, or electronics industries, or 3-5 years of experience of working at multi-stakeholder initiatives (MSIs);
- A solid grounding in human rights, labor, and/or environmental issues in supply chains;
- Experience engaging with brands, NGOs, government agencies, multi-stakeholder initiatives, industry associations, and/or similar groups;
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills; and
- US work authorization required.
A plus if you have:
- Field experience in production countries;
- Professional communications experience;
- Demonstrated capacity to work a small, agile work environment; and/or
- An advanced degree in supply chain management, business administration, human rights, law, journalism, or other relevant field.
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Location: New York or Washington D.C.
HOW TO APPLY:
Transparentem is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter with the subject line "Your Name_Stakeholder Relations Manager Application" to email@example.com.
Transparentem is a discreet, non-profit unit that adopts frontline investigative reporting and forensic methods in compliance with international ethical standards to illuminate supply chains and spur eradication of human and environmental abuses. We are a public service initiative that believes securing and improving the lives and environments of workers at all tiers of off-shored industry must start with independent, methodical inquiry.