- Work with the Director of Stakeholder Relations to set brand engagement and broader disclosure strategy;
- Work with the investigative team to coordinate and conduct company and industry sub-sector research;
- Identify and benchmark best practices for remediation for specific investigations;
- Create presentation materials;
- Keep abreast of relevant industry research, trends, and news and communicate developments to the rest of the team; and
- Work with the Stakeholder Relations Analyst to manage department communications, logistics, financial reporting, and other administration.
Transparentem does not publish the products of its investigations. Instead, we deliver our report strategically to selected entities best positioned to leverage their influence to positively impact vulnerable populations and remediate degraded environments. We are currently focused on the apparel, accessories, and footwear industries.
What We’re Looking For:
This is a challenging role that requires total discretion, as well as strong investigative, analytical, and organizational skills. We are looking for individuals with:
- 7+ years of industry experience in or working closely with sourcing or compliance teams in the apparel, footwear, toy, or electronics industries;
- A solid grounding in human rights, labor, and/or environmental issues in supply chains;
- A deep understanding of apparel or similar industry supply chains;
- Experience engaging with brands, NGOs, government agencies, multi-stakeholder initiatives, industry associations, and/or similar groups;
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills;
- Field experience in production countries a plus;
- Professional communications experience a plus;
- Advanced degree in supply chain management, business administration, human rights, law, or other relevant field;
- Fluency in English required;
- US work authorization required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Transparentem is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested candidates to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter with the subject line "Your Name_Stakeholder Relations Manager Application" to this email address.
Transparentem is a discreet, non-profit unit that adopts frontline investigative reporting and forensic methods in compliance with international ethical standards to illuminate supply chains and spur eradication of human and environmental abuses. We are a public service initiative that believes securing and improving the lives and environments of workers at all tiers of off-shored industry must start with independent, methodical inquiry.