Program Staff/Environment Portfolio
The Robertson Foundation seeks experienced staff to support the Environmental Team’s efforts to address climate change by encouraging a transition to a low-carbon economy, as well as to provide oversight on various conservation projects.
The Robertson Foundation is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian H. Robertson, Jr. and his wife, Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. The Robertson Foundation looks to maximize the impact of its efforts and drive superior results by making large, transformative grants that leverage the Foundation`s resources beyond the immediate funds committed, thereby reorienting the thinking, policies, and approaches of governmental entities and other philanthropic initiatives.
• Manage multiple grants, working with external advisors and colleagues and reporting to the Environment Portfolio Lead;
• Assist with the design and implementation of new strategies;
• Monitor and evaluate grant progress, budgets, and metrics through site visits and written reports;
• Prepare presentations and written materials for internal and external audiences;
• Draft and prepare written materials with quick turnaround such as Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets, one pagers, talking points or web content;
• Ensure team lead is adequately prepared for presentations, meetings, and other key activities; and
• Assist on other projects as assigned.
We seek dedicated, curious individuals with outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Other qualifications include:
• An undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred;
• 5-10 years relevant career experience, preferably including at least 2 years working on environmental policy or the energy markets;
• Experience and knowledge of climate policy, energy markets, environmental advocacy, and program implementation;
• Curiosity about science and technology, if not work experience or education in these areas;
• Excellent writing and research skills;
• Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills with an openness to contesting ideas and recommendations and the flexibility to change course as needed;
• Ability to synthesize large quantities of information and distill into relevant analysis;
• Enjoyment of a variety of work styles, from fast-paced to quiet and serious, as the office demands change from day-to-day;
• A creative, proactive, and entrepreneurial mindset;
• Acute attention to detail;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• A strong understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g., ability to interpret statistical analyses, financial metrics, etc); and
• Commitment to a collegial, team-oriented workplace.
Salary: The position is full-time; salary includes full benefits package
Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender preference and sexual orientation.
If interested, email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178.
Tagged as: Climate Change