Verité is seeking an experienced and collaborative Senior Director, Program Strategy and Impact to design, implement, and manage internal program management systems capable of supporting a growing organization. Reporting to Verité’s CEO, the Senior Director, Program Strategy and Impact will be responsible for working collaboratively with Senior Program Directors, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and global offices, partners, and affiliates to lead an organization-wide system of program management across Verité’s diverse and growing program portfolio. Specifically, the Senior Director, Program Strategy and Impact will establish a cohesive and broadly understood internal operational system to effectively coordinate strategic planning, program delivery, impact measurement and evaluation, knowledge-sharing, and quality control mechanisms across all program areas, departments, global offices, partners, and affiliates.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a mission-driven individual to play a key role in strengthening a growing organization’s ability to deliver on its mission across the world.
A successful Senior Director, Program Strategy and Impact will:
- Ensure all program areas and departments set strategic goals, establish impact metrics and methodologies, and communicate effectively across offices, departments, and affiliates worldwide
- Establish appropriate knowledge-sharing tools and quality control mechanisms organization-wide and support the implementation of best practices
- Ensure that program areas and departments have the resources they need to effectively approach project staffing, planning, and resource allocation appropriately and strategically.
- Establish a programmatic infrastructure focused not just on action, but on desired outcomes, and, in collaboration with Senior Program Directors, continually maximize program impact and effectiveness by determining if “actions taken” lead to “problems solved” in critical mission areas.
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
Coordination with Senior Leadership
- Coordinate with CFO on budgeting and financial management, in close partnership with Senior Program Directors
- Coordinate with fundraising, business development and marketing staff to effectively communicate Verité’s impact, in close partnership with Senior Program Directors
- Work closely with the CFO and CEO on human resource policies, practices, and evaluations to support overall management objectives
- Work closely with the CEO to determine critical investments, program strategy, capacity planning, and resource mobilization by monitoring programmatic needs, opportunities, and achievements
- Implement and support the effective use of project management tools across departments and program areas
- Organize and coordinate cross-functional working groups related to goal-setting, coordination and communication, budgeting, and impact measurements, in close partnership with Senior Program Directors
- Collaborate with the Senior Program Directors and CEO to drive the creation of departmental goals, operational plans, and evaluations in alignment with broader organizational goals
- Effectively coordinate program strategy and management-related meetings among Senior Program Directors
International Cross-Site Communication and Facilitation
- Serve as primary point of contact for Verité’s portfolio of global partners, affiliates, and offices
- Coordinate planning, program delivery, and communication across and between domestic and global sites
- Build systems to support effective communication and coordination across the organization’s sites
- Develop effective tracking, information management, and communication systems, and oversee their effective utilization
- Demonstrated success in the nonprofit sector, private sector, or government sector; experience working internationally strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in operational, programmatic, management, and strategic planning capacities; experience working cross-culturally and across multiple sites strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in driving capacity-building, results, and outcomes measurement
- Experience coaching a highly capable team into using outcomes measurement and goal-setting
- Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritization skills, coupled with strong and creative problem-solving skills
- An engaging leadership style with a demonstrated use of collaborative/servant leadership style to influence individuals and direct coordinated efforts of a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to build and maintain relationships and networks
- Highly flexible with the versatility to shift between strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Passion for the work of Verité and demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Shawn MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Verité offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Verité is an equal opportunity employer and candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Verité is a global, non‐profit organization with a mission to ensure that people worldwide work under safe, fair, and legal conditions. Based in Amherst, Massachusetts, Verité is an award-winning pioneer in the social auditing, training, research, and consulting field. Verité works in over 70 countries, collaborating with companies, civil society groups, governments, workers, and international organizations to promote sustainable workplace practices.
Verité aims to ensure that globalization is made to work for poor and vulnerable people around the world. Verité ensures that powerful institutions, and particularly the private sector, take responsibility for solving human rights problems where goods are made, crops are grown, and services performed. The impact of the organization’s work is tangible: more income for workers; increased opportunities for women, minorities and migrants; protection for children and those in forced labor; safer working conditions in factories, farms, fisheries, construction sites, mines, and other worksites; and empowerment for all workers.
To learn more about Verité, please visit https://www.verite.org/.