The Senior Vice President, Oceans (SVP) will design, articulate and implement an inspiring five-year oceans strategy working collaboratively across WWF teams and offices. They will evaluate the changing landscape, trends, and developments to keep WWF on track to meeting its goals, while identifying new opportunities.
Leadership and Management
The SVP is a senior leader in the organization. Reporting to the Chief Conservation Officer, the SVP is a member of the 18-person leadership team for WWF-US and leads the 30-person Oceans team.
The SVP will lead a geographically dispersed team of experts, set transparent goals and priorities, and foster staff engagement through frequent communication in a manner that’s consistent with WWF’s recently adopted Network values of courage, respect, integrity and collaboration. They will manage upwards to engage senior executives and board members as well as collaborate with their peers as a member of the WWF-US leadership team. WWF is committed to strong management and seeks an inspiring, inclusive and supportive manager who ensures their staff team not only performs but thrives.
Fundraising for Large Initiatives
In partnership with the Development team and other senior WWF executives, the SVP will lead oceans-related multi-million-dollar fundraising initiatives by engaging with a diverse group of funders and building strategic partnerships with other NGOs, multi-laterals, government and corporate partners.
The SVP will coordinate across the Science, Food, Climate, Conservation Finance, Private Sector Engagement, Policy and Markets teams to codesign, develop and deliver on programs to maximize impact. The SVP will also work with global WWF programs including the Global Oceans Practice and Global Arctic Program.
Outreach and Influence on External Communities
The SVP will be an articulate, compelling spokesperson for WWF’s Oceans work. They will effectively communicate the implications of oceans issues for WWF and the sector. This includes representing WWF and its work at conferences, writing articles or op-eds, engaging diverse and opposing stakeholders in productive dialogue, and participating in innovative studies/partnerships. It also includes working with WWF partners such as the Global Mangrove Alliance.
· The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· 15+ years of experience leading and managing major initiatives focused on ocean conservation, ecosystem management, fisheries, or a similar conservation field
· Management experience, including the ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage the performance of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, in accord with best practices for diversity, equity and inclusion
· A proven ability to navigate complex systems to drive results by influencing and leveraging key players and resources
· A compelling communication style that can articulate a clear vision and build consensus around evolving issues, trends and strategies
· A successful track record of using scientific data to co-design and deliver high-impact global programs with diverse stakeholders
· A record of successful fundraising from diverse sources
CEA Recruiting is assisting WWF with this search. To be considered for this position, interested candidates should click the link below to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through CEA’s job portal.
Please direct all inquiries to Tamara Evans, Senior Search Lead | firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies.
Who We’re Looking For: Solidaridad North America is looking for a Climate Innovation and Green Growth Specialist to join a...Apply For This Job
Are you passionate about designing practical and systemic solutions to the global climate challenges of our times? Do you have...Apply For This Job