Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 26,500.- / € 28,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
Events and Conferences are central to GRI’s strategy. The Events team, part of the wider Marketing and Communications Department, is responsible for organizing GRI’s own events, while also centrally coordinating GRI’s presence at events organized by others (External Engagements). The Events Assistant will play a key role in supporting the smooth running of team activity, with a special focus on the planning and logistical organization of GRI’s own conferences and events, and the central coordination of External Engagements.
The post holder will report to the Manager Conference & Events.
• Assistance with the planning and logistical organization of GRI’s own conferences and events
• Coordination of website activity related to events, including: management and update of events section on GRI website; set up of event websites, on-line registration forms and standardized confirmation letters
• Set up, distribution and results analysis of email marketing campaigns and post-event surveys, including database list sourcing from different data platforms
• Handling and monitoring registrations and follow up on queries from participants, speakers, partners and sponsors
• Liaison with Marketing & Communications colleagues about the promotion of events and external engagements on GRI channels
• Coordination of GRI’s External Engagement Procedure (EEP) to efficiently track and assess the relevance of potential strategic engagements
• Pro-active research into strategically relevant external conferences and events
• Ownership of the weekly internal EEP task force meetings, including agenda preparation, provision of pre-read materials, minutes-taking and follow-up on actions
• Liaison with external parties, including event organizers, suppliers, hosts, etc.
• General support to the team, including (e.g.): setting-up meetings and conference calls; minutes-taking and sharing; updating event planning; invoicing activity; dashboard reports and events scripts.
Key competencies / Requirements
• Advanced level fluency in written and spoken English (other languages is a plus) with excellent communications skills
• Personal traits as accuracy and thoroughness are of the greatest importance
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from a range of different backgrounds
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
• Event, Marketing or Communications background an advantage
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PPT, Word)
• Knowledge of event registration software and email marketing software is an advantage
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), 13 February 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.