Start date: 1st November 2017 / Reports to: Programme Director
ZDHC is seeking an experienced (5 – 7 years) results-oriented Programme Project Manager to support and drive the implementation of multiple projects in the ZDHC Programme operating within a collaborative environment.
This role will have accountability for all Programme working activities and projects related to the ZDHC’s tools and standards implementation and public disclosure Programmes, Brand/Retailer/Supplier Training and Data management strategy.
Working collaboratively with our network of ZDHC Contributors, as well as with the ZDHC Management team the Programme Project Manager will be a self-starting, business–minded individual who can leverage previous work experience and organisational abilities to drive tangible results. This role provides critical support to a wide range of stakeholders with differing backgrounds and perspectives. This role also needs to ensure stakeholder consensus is achieved in order to be able to drive the creation, adoption and implementation of tools and standards within the above specific work areas.
Key Roles and Responsibilities include
● Scheduling and facilitating project team calls for Implementation Process, Data Sharing & Disclosure Focus Areas.
● Preparing conference call and meeting materials, compile and post to ZDHC intranet meeting minutes and presentations.
● Preparing project plans with milestone and level of effort estimates using Smartsheet.
● Tracking and reporting on status of multiple projects using Smartsheet. Keep Programme Director informed of project status.
● Preparing regular project status reports highlighting accomplishments and areas of concern.
● Ensuring all project stakeholders are included in the process and work with the project teams to build consensus.
● Creating and editing project deliverables such as PowerPoint presentations and project deliverables such as guidance documents and annual reports.
● Monitoring overall ZDHC programme activities in order to understand and coordinate between projects.
● Facilitating project team meetings – producing meeting materials, notes, and delivering follow up.
● Reviewing regularly and provide practical advice on project quality and process improvement.
● Establishing a strong network with ZDHC Contributors and other stakeholders.
● Excellent project management skills, preferably in Software- / Platform implementation
● Experience in data management (can be within a management consulting environment or industry), including but not limited to: ○ Data governance and policy / ○ Data protection and control /○ Implementing quality control procedures and guidelines
● Experience in managing efforts and project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live. This effort can be within a management consulting environment or industry.
● A proven ability to manage multiple work activities by establishing clear objectives and targets that deliver concrete results.
● Demonstrable experience of working with targets and deadlines
● Experience with global programme management and execution.
● Experience in leading and delivering meetings, events, workshops.
● Evidence of experience in managing stakeholder relationships and handling stakeholder negotiations.
● Knowledge and experience of working with multinational companies and partnerships.
● Experience in the textile, leather, apparel or footwear industry.
● Experience working in the global supply/value chain.
● Fluent written and verbal English. Other languages are a plus.
● Proven strong project management skills.
● Analytical and data-driven skills used to setting priorities and accomplishing goals.
● Organisational skills in stakeholder engagement and building consensus between key stakeholders with diplomacy.
● Ability to deliver meetings, events, webinars to agreed timelines and budget.
● Goal orientated, results driven whilst also being a confident communicator.
● Self-driven and motivated.
● All round team player – able to operate in a fast-paced and international environment and able to initiate work activities that may not be specifically identified in the job specification.
● Flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity
● Proactive – easily takes responsibility for results and work activities that may not be described in the job specification.
● Accurate and thorough – able to pay attention to detail.
● Practical and pragmatic – exhibit a can-do attitude and solution orientated.
● Able to work with individuals from a range of different backgrounds
● Strong analytical ability to interpret information and translate into improvements.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a small team and growing organisation at a critical time, and to be part of evolving ZDHC to make a genuine impact on the global textile and footwear sector.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply: Please forward your CV in Word format and covering letter including salary expectations to email@example.com before Friday 29nd September 2017.
Important: Only candidates with the right to work in the Netherlands and or in the EU will be considered – please specify in your covering letter your current work permit situation, if applicable.
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals Programme (ZDHC) was established in 2011 by a group of global apparel and footwear companies who established a collaborative model for creating tools to improve chemicals management in the textile and footwear value chains. In 2015 management of the ZDHC Programme was formalised under a non-profit legal entity, the ZDHC Foundation, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The mission of ZDHC is to advance towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals in the textile and footwear supply chain and act to improve the environment and people’s well-being. ZDHC promotes, governs and oversees the implementation of programmes, projects and activities for the widespread implementation of sustainable chemistry and best practices in the textile and footwear industries to protect consumers, workers and the environment. ZDHC has the ambition to build itself, and is increasingly being recognised, as the global centre of excellence for sustainable chemical management.