Wellness is Thriving in Abundance
In our previous article about employee well-being (“Well-being is in the Exchange of Values and Purpose“), we described how CSR contributes to a positive workplace culture, attracts and retains top talent, and demonstrates a commitment to the broader well-being of employees, employers and the communities in which they operate.
This article concerns the new approach to CSR, employee- and employer well-being practices in purpose-driven organisations.
Wellness is Thriving in Abundance
Business and organisation’s well-being is about the continuous exchange of values and purpose. It requires a regenerative mindset to flourish and thrive in abundance.
To level up from the “CSR “Corporate Social Responsibility, we just rephrase the classic “CSR” abbreviation to Circular Sustainable Regenerative practices.
What does it include?
This next level of (CSR) practices with a Circular, Sustainable, and Regenerative approach focuses on fostering a holistic view of employee- and employer- wellness that emphasises value exchange for all stakeholders within and beyond the organisation’s network.
Here’s how the new CSR initiatives can contribute to the well-being of employees from a Regenerative Value Exchange perspective:
Holistic Well-being Exchange Programs:
- Implementing wellness programs embodies the principles of regenerative value exchange, ensuring that well-being initiatives positively impact employees and the broader network of stakeholders.
Regenerative Work-Life Integration:
- Promoting regenerative work-life integration through initiatives that consider the values of all stakeholders, including circular economy-focused remote work, flexible schedules, and policies that ensure equitable value exchange within the organisation.
Eco-centric Mental Health Support:
- Integrating regenerative approaches to mental health support, acknowledging the interconnectedness of well-being within the broader network, and fostering resilience and positive value exchange within the organisational ecosystem.
Regenerative Employee Assistance Programs (REAPs):
- Establishing Regenerative Employee Assistance Programs is designed to provide comprehensive support to employees and external stakeholders, ensuring a positive value exchange for all involved parties.
Sustainable Community Collaboration:
- Encouraging employees to engage in community service and collaboration that values the well-being of internal and external stakeholders creates a positive value exchange loop that benefits the community, employees, and the organisation.
Eco-Literacy and Network Training:
- Providing eco-literacy training and education programs that empower employees to contribute positively to the organisation’s network, fostering a culture of regenerative practices and value exchange.
Diversity as a Network Strength:
- Celebrating diversity in all its forms, recognising it as a source of strength within the organisational network, and promoting a regenerative workplace culture that values the contributions of every individual.
Circular Environmental Stewardship:
- Integrating circular and regenerative sustainability into CSR initiatives with a focus on positive value exchange, reducing environmental impact, and ensuring that the organisation’s practices contribute positively to the ecosystem.
Ethical and Regenerative Employment Practices:
- Upholding ethical and regenerative employment practices prioritising fair value exchange for employees and external partners, creating a network of mutually beneficial connections within the broader organisational ecosystem.
Regenerative Recognition and Appreciation:
- Recognising and appreciating employees through CSR-driven programs that acknowledge their contributions and positive value exchange within the organisational network, fostering a sense of purpose and shared values.